Follow all plant procedures for all plant conveyor safety and lockouts including personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Before conducting maintenance or performing any troubleshooting procedures, perform all energy control power lockout tasks.
- Keep hair and loose clothing away from the conveyor. The conveyor can entangle hair or clothing around the rotating shaft.
- Ensure all safety guards and covers are in place before operation. Do not touch any moving components such as belts, chains, couplings, gears, shafts, pulleys, etc. if the guards and covers have been removed.
- Make sure all persons stand clear if machine must be operated for service or adjustment while the covers and guards are removed.
- Be aware of any possible pinch points where clothing, hair, or limbs can become entrapped within the conveyor.
- Do not climb, sit, ride, or walk on any conveyors at any time.